For hundreds of years, oriental rugs have served humankind with comfy fibres and traditional looks. These floorings can last for generations if you care for them properly. Maintenance is not enough; scheduling a commercial rug cleaning service is also mandatory for deep cleaning. Along with that, here are some crucial tips for cleaning dirty Oriental flooring:
Wet or Deep Oriental Rug Cleaning
Professional rug cleaners recommend using cold or lukewarm water to clean Oriental floorings. Even a mild rug shampoo or dish wash soap in liquid form can be the best solvent to clean an authentic carpet. Then, mix the solvent into the fibres with a sponge or brush. Let it sit for five to ten minutes, and rinse the carpet. Do a colour test to ensure that the dyes won’t run by the solution you have picked.
Ensure complete removal of soap. Vinegar can remove stains like wine, pet urine, grease, etc. You can also add half a cup of Vinegar into the solvent to work on tough stains and odours. Once you dry the rug, vacuum it with a soft-bristle brush. If you want a safer cleaning without hassle, contact rug washing Adelaide experts.
Clean the Rug with Baking Soda
It’s the easiest method to remove stains and odours from a rug. Don’t rub or scrub. Sprinkle baking soda over the flooring and let it sit for a few minutes. After that, vacuum the carpet without beater bars. For stubborn stains, make a mixture of baking soda and Vinegar. Apply the solvent to the spot and keep it on for an hour. Rinse and dry the rug.
Cleaning Tips by Professional Rug Cleaners
- Before cleaning the flooring, check the care instructions. Lift the corners of your flooring. Depending on the material, you may find a label with some basic instructions; if you have silk or another delicate flooring, it’s better to hire a commercial rug cleaning service rather than do it yourself.
- Vacuum the rug before actual cleaning. That will remove concrete dust and dirt particles that can create issues while cleaning the carpet. Flip the rug and vacuum the backside too. Use the machine in the direction of the pile of fibres and not against them. A revolving brush can damage the threads, so use an upholstery attachment.
- Instead of vacuuming, you can sweep your delegated flooring. Sweep in one direction from start to end for easy removal of dust. Don’t rub the broom back and forth as it may damage the rug’s threads.
- Many rug owners think sunlight can kill the germs and keep the flooring fresh. But, that’s not true in the case of many delicate carpets. So, don’t keep it in direct sunlight before or after cleaning.
- Whether you choose a natural solvent, detergent or chemicals for cleaning, always test the solution on a corner of your flooring before beginning the cleaning process.
Keeping your oriental rugs clean is easy and hassle-free. So, try these hacks now and save your flooring from harmful stains, dirt and germs!