Want to have quick fixes for your rug’s issues? If yes, then this post is for you. Rug cleaning can be a tricky job. But with some easy hacks, you can save your flooring from severe damage. Let’s have a look at these lifesaving tricks:
- Use an Iron to Remove Stains
This technique is as simple as it appears. There are no requirements for this three-step process.
- Vacuum the stained area to ensure that no solid bits are left behind.
- Then, dampen the spot with a towel saturated with a 3:1 solution of water and vinegar.
- Allow the mixture to sit for about five minutes, and don’t rub.
- Finally, use a warm iron to iron the moist cloth over the stain. The stain is lifted into the towel by the pressure and heat. When the spill has wholly absorbed, cease ironing.
If you think using iron can be risky, call professional rug cleaners for the job.
- Remove Pet Hair with a Window Squeegee
If you have a pet at home, you know how much hair they shed every day; especially cats. These pet parents always have cat hair on their clothing, upholsteries and rugs. Even vacuuming won’t remove this fixed hair in the threads of a flooring. So, what should you do? We have a unique solution for you to try!
A window squeegee can work as a miracle to remove pet hair from a rug. This tool is for windows, but you can get excellent results by running it over the flooring till the pet hair is out on the surface.
- Soiled Pet Stains Removal
There isn’t much to say when your pets defecate on your expensive flooring. Organic rug cleaners are effective, but they can’t be relied on entirely. Keep a cleaning hack on hand to treat soiled areas and make stain removal a less emotional experience.
- Thoroughly clean the spot as soon as possible.
- Spray the dirty surface with a solution made up of one cup of white vinegar and one cup of lukewarm water.
- Allow five minutes to pass before blotting with a cotton pad.
- If the spot persists, use baking soda and vinegar to clear it up.
This rug cleaning trick is a saviour when it comes to dog training.
- Remove Bubble Gum Using Ice Cubes
Sticking glue to your precious rug can be the most favourite game for the kids. We all have been through these nightmares. But, you know what? You can quickly get that gum off of the flooring using a simple trick. You can even remove gum from white carpeting. Put some ice cubes in a plastic bag and place them on the bubble gum. Press it for some time, and the gum will be wet and loose. Use a spoon or knife to scrape it off. It’s as simple as that!
Many carpeting owners don’t know about these rug cleaning hacks. So, as now you know them, take a note and use them when necessary!